Recipe by evelyn/athens
A Mark Militello recipe. Accompany with my #97094 and toast points.
Top Review by Rita~
So Good! I went for heat in this recipe using my home grown Habanaro`s. The only change I made was I had to use Dried Onion flakes because I ran out of onions. I made 4 patties out of this. Served them with salsa, avocado dip, fresh cilantro and sour cream.
- 226.79 g fresh crabmeat, picked over
- 118.29 ml fresh white breadcrumbs
- 29.58 ml mayonnaise
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 14.79 ml coarse-grained Dijon mustard
- 14.79 ml chopped green onion
- 9.85 ml fresh lime juice
- 0 scotch bonnet peppers (wear rubber gloves) or 1 serrano chili, seeded, minced (wear rubber gloves)
- 0.25 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg, beaten to blend
- 29.58 ml butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 9 ingredients in bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix in egg.
- For mixture into 8 equal patties, using scant ¼ cup for each.
- (can be made ahead, covered and refrigerated).
- Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Fry cakes in batches until golden-brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer cakes to paper towels; drain.
- Arrange 2 cakes on each of 4 plates.
- Top with Avocado ‘Butter’ and serve with toast points.