Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 mins
My Dh make these, he found the recipe on a Florida website, I thought he did a good job. Very nice meal. Points 3.
- 1 lb crabmeat, preferably lump
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1⁄2 medium red bell pepper, seeded and minced
- 1⁄2 medium green bell pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 celery rib, finely minced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons minced flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons other seafood seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- refrigerated butter-flavored cooking spray
- Pick through crabmeat, removing all bits of shell.
- Place in a bowl and mix with shallots, bell peppers, celery, garlic, and parsley.
- Stir in bread crumbs, Old Bay Seasoning, finely ground pepper, cayenne pepper, and egg.
- Wet your hands with cool water.
- Pat crab mixture into 4 large or 8 small patties.
- Wrap in plastic wrap or waxed paper and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to cook, lightly coat a cast iron or heavy nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Place over high heat and add crab cakes.
- Brown for about 3 minutes per side, turning once, until golden brown and crusty.
- Serve hot with the salsa alongside.