Florida Crab and Corn Fritters
- In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cayenne pepper to.
- taste; stir until well blended.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, cheese, buttermilk, and lime juice; stir until well blended.
- Add to the dry ingredients; stir until the batter is well blended and smooth; set aside.
- In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium heat; add the corn, bell pepper, and scallions andcook, stirring, until softened, 4-5 minutes.
- Add the cooked vegetables and crabmeat to the batter, stir gently with a fork until well mixed, and form the mixture into 6 oval patties.
- In a large heavy skillet, heat about 1/4-inch of oil over med-high heat; cook the patties about 3 minutes on each side or until golden; drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot.