Recipe by That is Dr House to you
From Disney's Lake Buena Vista Club
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this as much for freezing as for serving at lunch for 4 of us! Definitely an interesting & very tasty soup! I particularly enjoyed combining figs with the other fruits, & over the next month & a half or so we look forward to enjoying what is now safely preserved in the freezer! Thanks for sharing such an interesting recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the current Comfort Cafe as part of my theme Soup ~ Seconds, Anyone?]
- 10 cherries
- 2 cups canned peach slices
- 2 cups canned figs
- 1 cup strawberry, hulled
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups water
- 1 quart orange section
- 1⁄4 whole lemon
- 1⁄3 whole orange
- 1 quart fresh orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup grenadine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Note: Cherries should be stemless and seedless. Lemon and Orange should have rind left on, seeds removed.
- Puree the first 5 ingredients in food processor with steel blade. Put in a large container and add water.
- Puree orange sections. Add the large container.
- Process the lemon and orange with rind to a find texture and add to container.
- Stir in rest of the ingredients.
- Chill for 2 hours and serve.
- Based on 6 ounce servings. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Divides nicely. Freezes nicely.