Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Disney's Lake Buena Vista Club
- 10 cherries
- 2 cups canned peach slices
- 2 cups canned figs
- 1 cup strawberry, hulled
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups water
- 1 quart orange section
- 1⁄4 whole lemon
- 1⁄3 whole orange
- 1 quart fresh orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup grenadine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Note: Cherries should be stemless and seedless. Lemon and Orange should have rind left on, seeds removed.
- Puree the first 5 ingredients in food processor with steel blade. Put in a large container and add water.
- Puree orange sections. Add the large container.
- Process the lemon and orange with rind to a find texture and add to container.
- Stir in rest of the ingredients.
- Chill for 2 hours and serve.
- Based on 6 ounce servings. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Divides nicely. Freezes nicely.
Made this as much for freezing as for serving at lunch for 4 of us! Definitely an interesting & very tasty soup! I particularly enjoyed combining figs with the other fruits, & over the next month & a half or so we look forward to enjoying what is now safely preserved in the freezer! Thanks for sharing such an interesting recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the current Comfort Cafe as part of my theme Soup ~ Seconds, Anyone?]