Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Diabetes Australia the Diabetes Cookbook in request for diabetic friendly recipes with nuts. Times are estimated.
- 1⁄4 cup muesli (toasted 30 grams)
- 1⁄4 cup bran flakes (15 grams)
- 1⁄4 cup sultana (40 grams, chopped coarsely)
- 2 tablespoons dried apricots (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon glace cherries (finely chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sliced almonds (toasted)
- 1⁄4 cup condensed milk (light 60ml)
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 400 g ice cream (low fat berry)
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C (160 degree C for fan forced).
- Grease 2 oven trays and line each with baking paper.
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT the ice cream in a medium bowl.
- Drop tablespoons of the mixture onto the oven trays about 8cm apart, spread into rounds.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until florentines are lightly browned, cool on trays.
- Serve 1 1/2 florentines with 2 scoops of ice cream.
These were really tasty. I had to stop myself from eating the mix straight out of the bowl before I put it in the oven! They're lovely on ice cream. A great recipe!