I adopted this recipe in August 2006 - and I think it looks great. I haven't made it yet, so any feedback would be welcomed. You can make them into large rounds (as they sell them in German bakeries) or make them in the size of a cookie. I usually use my muffin tray. That leaves me with the cookie size but they also keep them in shape, wish I found to be a problem, if I did them on a regular baking tray.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 180°C.
- 2Put butter, sugar, cream and honey in a pot on the stove and cook slowly until just boiling (be careful, otherwise it will burn).
- 3Take off the stove and stir in remaining ingredients.
- 4Put 1 tsp of the mixture on a baking tray and form a small cookie.
- 5Leave a distance of 2cm between each cookie.
- 6(or do as I do and use your muffin tray)
- 7Bake for 12 to 14 minutes and leave to cool.
- 8When cool, melt the chocolate and cover the florentines on the bottom side.
- 9Leave to cool.
Nutritional Facts for Florentines (Florentiner)
Serving Size: 1 (13 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 60.0
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 6.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 1.3 g