Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I adopted this recipe in August 2006 - and I think it looks great. I haven't made it yet, so any feedback would be welcomed. You can make them into large rounds (as they sell them in German bakeries) or make them in the size of a cookie. I usually use my muffin tray. That leaves me with the cookie size but they also keep them in shape, wish I found to be a problem, if I did them on a regular baking tray.
- Heat oven to 180°C.
- Put butter, sugar, cream and honey in a pot on the stove and cook slowly until just boiling (be careful, otherwise it will burn).
- Take off the stove and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Put 1 tsp of the mixture on a baking tray and form a small cookie.
- Leave a distance of 2cm between each cookie.
- (or do as I do and use your muffin tray)
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes and leave to cool.
- When cool, melt the chocolate and cover the florentines on the bottom side.
- Leave to cool.