These luxury cookies are popular at any time of the year, but make particulatly wonderful treats at Christmas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line 2 large cookie sheets with baking parchment.
- 2Heat the butter and superfine sugar in a small saucepan until the butter has just melted and the sugar dissolved.
- 3Remove the pan from the heat.
- 4Stir in the flour and mix well.
- 5Stir in the chopped almonds, mixed peel, raisins, cherries, and lemon peel.
- 6Place teaspoonfuls of the mixture well apart on the cookie sheets.
- 7Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until lightly golden.
- 8As soon as the florentines are removed from the oven, press the edges into neat shapes while still on the cooking sheet, using a round cookie cutter.
- 9Leave to cool on the cookie skeets until firm, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 10Spread the melted chocolate over the smooth side of each florentine.
- 11As the chocolate begins to set, mark wavy lines in it with a fork.
- 12Leave the florentines until set, chocolate side up.
- 13Variation: Replace the semisweet chocolate with white chocolate.
- 14For a dramatic effect, cover half of the florentines in dark chocolate and half in white chocolate.
Nutritional Facts for Florentines
Serving Size: 1 (845 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.0
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 4.0 mg
- Sodium 31.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, rind of