Prep 35 mins
Cook 11 mins
Florentines from Betty Crocker
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares (1 oz)
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt.
- Cream 1/4 cup butter or margarine.
- Gradually add brown sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add corn syrup and egg.
- Blend well.
- Stir in flour mixture, coconut and vanilla.
- Drop by half teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets, leaving 2 inches between.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius) about 10 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheets for 1 minute.
- Remove quickly and finish cooling on racks. (If wafer hardens, return briefly to oven).
- Melt chocolate and 1 tablespoon butter in pan over very low heat, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Drizzle chocolate over cookies.