Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recipe by Sharon Sanders, "Relish Good Food Fast," September 2006.
Make and share this Florentine Tuna Panini recipe from Food.com.
- Slice rolls in half through the middle. Pick out some of the bread from top and bottom halves to create a slight depression.
- Combine tuna, onion, celery, capers, lemon juice and a pinch of red pepper flakes; mix well.
- Spoon 1/2 tuna mixture onto each of the roll bottoms.
- Cover with spinach and roll tops.
- Top paninis with a bacon press or another platter with some heavy canned goods placed on top.
- Let stand 15 minutes for flavors to blend.
- Note: If tuna canned in olive oil is not available, replace it with 1 6 oz. can solid light tuna in water, drained, and add 2 T extra-virgin olive oil.
Nice flavor to these paninis! Loved the blend of flavors! Used tuna in water and added a bit of olive oil. Added a bit more lemon juice. Thanks rickoholic83!