- 2 Italian rolls
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna in olive oil, undrained
- 2 tablespoons red onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons celery, minced
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained, rinsed and minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- red pepper flakes
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice rolls in half through the middle. Pick out some of the bread from top and bottom halves to create a slight depression.
- Combine tuna, onion, celery, capers, lemon juice and a pinch of red pepper flakes; mix well.
- Spoon 1/2 tuna mixture onto each of the roll bottoms.
- Cover with spinach and roll tops.
- Top paninis with a bacon press or another platter with some heavy canned goods placed on top.
- Let stand 15 minutes for flavors to blend.
- Note: If tuna canned in olive oil is not available, replace it with 1 6 oz. can solid light tuna in water, drained, and add 2 T extra-virgin olive oil.