Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A good Italian tomato soup.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook bell pepper, onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in tomatoes, water, basil, bouillon and black pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and cook 5 to 7 minutes more.
This was a really easy, yet delicious recipe. I don't like green peppers, so I left them out. I used fresh spinach instead of frozen. And I used beef bouillon instead of chicken (didn't have the chicken on hand). It was so easy to prepare and had a great flavor.