1/1 Photo of Florentine Style Steak -- Bistecca Alla Fiorentina
My DD and SIL had their honeymoon in Italy in December. For a gift to her father, she sent 2 wonderful porterhouse steaks and a fabulous menu complete with recipes so that we could share Italy with them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove the steaks from the refrigerator, rinse under water, pat dry with paper towels and allow to sit at room temperature 30 minutes before cooking.
- 2Put the fatback, garlic and rosemary into a food processor and blend until it is the consistency of toothpaste.
- 3Rub the fat mixture evenly over the meat and season with coarse salt and fresh ground pepper.
- 4Use a hot, clean, oiled grill and grill the steaks for about 5 to 6 minutes on each side for medium rare.
- 5The fillet will cook a little faster than the strip loin. Move the steaks frequently, approximately every 2 minutes or so, for even cooking and a crispy exterior.
- 6When the steaks are cooked, take them off the grill and allow to rest for 5 to 7 minutes. The resting allows the blood to circulate and distributes the juices evenly.
- 7Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Florentine Style Steak -- Bistecca Alla Fiorentina
Serving Size: 1 (354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 855.5
- Calories from Fat 567
- Total Fat 63.1 g
- Saturated Fat 25.2 g
- Cholesterol 217.7 mg
- Sodium 182.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 64.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: