Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I know that ground sirloin can be a bit bland thanks to the lower fat content, and wanted to give some extra flavor to my meatloaf tonight as well as try to add some extra heathiness to it for the kids sake. I happened to have some extra cooked beans on hand from last nights "Spinach Bean Burgers" and "Pinto Bean Fudge" so I threw them in too. It came out fantastic.
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 3 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups navy beans, cooked
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients except the mozzarella.
- Add 1/2 of mixture to a large loaf pan. Top with shredded mozzarella, then add remaining mixture on top of that. Press down to get out any air pockets and smooth the top.
- Bake for 60 minutes.
- Feel free to top with ketchup if that is your thing.
sorry but this one didn't work for us, the meat took to long to cook and didn't have so much flavor. HB was disapoint at this one.