Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds absolutely yummy--especially if you like creams soups! From kraft.com.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 1⁄4 cups milk, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons potato starch
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- Cook mushrooms and onion in butter in medium saucepan on medium heat until tender.
- Add 3 cups of the milk and the seasonings. bring just to boil, stirring frequently.
- Add potato starch to remaining 1/4 cup milk; stir until well blended. Gradually add to hot mixture in saucepan, stirring until well blended. Cook until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; cook until cream cheese is completely melted and soup is heated through, stirring frequently.
Cut this down to 2 servings and had for a light lunch. Was nice and creamy. Perfect for a gloomy day. Made for Fall 2012 PAC.