Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 150 g butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 70 g sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup glace cherries
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- Melt butter and sugar in a large saucepan.
- Remove from heat and add almonds, raisins and cherries.
- Sift flour and baking powder into the saucepan and mix until combined.
- Spread into a greased 20cm square shallow tin.
- Bake at 180C degrees for 25 minutes or until golden and cooked.
- Melt chocolate in microwave or over hot water.
- Drizzle over slice while still warm.
- Cut into sqaures or fingers while warm.
Made these this morning and took them into work, they were a HUGE success. Everyone loved them, coming back for seconds. Didn't have any melting chocolate for the top, so I just sprinkled chocolate chips on top just a few minutes before removing from oven. Great recipe.
Recipe was a huge success. I didn't have any raisins but just used a mixed fruit mixture, which turned out yummy! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks Evie. I did not get to try this myself but it smelled really good (It was in the back of the car all day - very tempting) Gave them to a supplier and my order was filled and the car was loaded for me - the florentine slice MUST be good to get that service. THanks again will be bribing with it again soon!!!!