Recipe by Roxi
A low carb brunch item that everyone, even non-dieters, will love.
Top Review by Hchefing
I did make a couple alterations, first off I beat the egg whites then added the yokes and cream (I don't know if this did anything special but my mom told me to do so). I used fresh spinach about 2 cups finely chopped (probably quite a bit less than 10oz it calls for but maybe not I don't know) I also added a little over a tablespoon on finely chopped walla walla onions. This turned out Amazing everyone loved it including me and I am a picky cook who usually does not eat my own cooking. Yum thanks!!!
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed & drained thoroughly
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup diced swiss cheese
- 1 cup chopped cooked ham (or 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Beat eggs. Add cream; beat more. Add remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour into a greased (I use non-stick spray) pie/quiche pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 - 40 minutes or until eggs are set and top is lightly browned.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.