Recipe by Blossom in Seattle
Saw this recipe of the Food Network and made a couple changes to suit my taste. Stuffing chicken isn't nearly as hard as it sounds. This is an easy tasty recipe.
- 6 chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 6 slice prosciutto, about 1/3 pound
- 283.49 g box frozen spinach, defrosted
- 44.37 ml pine nuts
- 118.29 ml ricotta cheese
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4.92 ml nutmeg
- 44.37 ml olive oil, extra virgin
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wring out defrosted spinach in clean kitchen towel to remove water.
- Toast pine nuts
- Combine nuts with spinach in a bowl; mix in cheeses, garlic, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Cut into and across but not all the way through the chicken breasts, opening them up like a book with a sharp knife. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Fill each with a small mound of stuffing.
- Flap chicken breasts back over stuffing and wrap each breast with prosciutto to seal them, carefully covering the whole breast.
- Brush chicken all over with olive oil and roast 18 to 20 minutes until cooked through.