Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy pasta salad. Linguine, spinach, and mushroom salad with a sun dried tomato-pesto dressing, garnished with pine nuts.
Sun dried tomato-pesto dressing
- 1⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped (Not packed in oil)
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red onion, chopped (1/4 small onion)
- 0.5 (7 ounce) package pesto sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 ounces dry linguine or 2 ounces fettuccine pasta or 2 ounces spaghetti
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced (.6 ounces)
- 1 cup fresh spinach, shredded
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts or 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- Place sun dried tomatoes in glass bowl with 1/3 cup water, and microwave uncovered on HIGH for 2 minutes.
- Set aside until they have absorbed the water and cooled (20 minutes).
- Cooke pasta according to package directions for al dente pasta (8-10 minutes); drain.
- Rinse with cold water, and drain again.
- In a skillet or wok, over high heat, sauté mushrooms.
- Blend garlic, onions, cooled tomatoes, and pesto sauce.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pesto mixture and lemon juice.
- Add pasta; toss to coat.
- Add spinach and mushrooms; mix well.
- Sprinkle with nuts; serve immediately.