Recipe by Super San Mateo Chefs
These flat cookies look beautiful and taste great! Crispy and sugary! Enjoy!
Top Review by taczyz
These are delicious. They are easy enough to make, just a little time consuming due to the fact you need to let them completely cool on the baking sheet before removing. I had no problem with the cookie "over spreading". However, I only slightly flattened the dough (I just used my greased fingers) and parchment paper works much better than the tin foil. Also, if you don't want to take the time to make the chocolate filling I sometimes use Nutella.
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 2 cups quick oats, uncooked
- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in oats, sugar, flour, corn syrup, milk, vanilla and salt. Mix well.
- Cover cookie sheets with foil.
- Place small drops (about 1 teaspoon) of batter onto the foil. Leave about 3 inches between cookies. Using a spatula, flatten each drop and mold into a flat round shape using the sides of the spatula. Warning: these cookies will expand horizontally a lot! Make sure you leave plenty of room between cookies.
- Bake for approximately 7 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Let each sheet of cookies cool completely, approximately 15 minutes.
- Peel foil away from cookies.
- For the filling, combine chocolate, cream and vanilla and melt over a double boiler until completely blended.
- To assemble, spread a layer of chocolate on the flat, shiny side of each cookie. Pair the cookie with alternate cookie of equal size and press together. Allow assembled cookies to cool completely.