1/1 Photo of Florentine Italian Milk Chocolate Filled Cookies
Super San Mateo Chefs's Note:
These flat cookies look beautiful and taste great! Crispy and sugary! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2 cups quick oats, uncooked
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Melt butter in medium saucepan.
- 3Remove from heat.
- 4Stir in oats, sugar, flour, corn syrup, milk, vanilla and salt. Mix well.
- 5Cover cookie sheets with foil.
- 6Place small drops (about 1 teaspoon) of batter onto the foil. Leave about 3 inches between cookies. Using a spatula, flatten each drop and mold into a flat round shape using the sides of the spatula. Warning: these cookies will expand horizontally a lot! Make sure you leave plenty of room between cookies.
- 7Bake for approximately 7 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- 8Let each sheet of cookies cool completely, approximately 15 minutes.
- 9Peel foil away from cookies.
- 10For the filling, combine chocolate, cream and vanilla and melt over a double boiler until completely blended.
- 11To assemble, spread a layer of chocolate on the flat, shiny side of each cookie. Pair the cookie with alternate cookie of equal size and press together. Allow assembled cookies to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Florentine Italian Milk Chocolate Filled Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.0
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 20.7 mg
- Sodium 65.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 17.0 g
- Protein 2.2 g