Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a satisfying dish to make and is just the right size for my husband and me. Quick, easy and delicious. It allows itself to be doubled easily if you want to feed more than two.
- 100 g baby spinach leaves
- 4 slices ham
- 4 free range eggs
- 4 tablespoons single cream
- 50 g grated gruyere or 50 g emmenthaler cheese
- Put the spinach into a large colander and stand it in the sink.
- Pour over boiling water until all the leaves are wilted.
- Shake well to drain off the water Preheat the grill to medium.
- Line two small shallow ovenproof dishes with the slices of ham.
- Don't worry if it flops over the edge Spread the spinach evenly over the ham and season well with salt and pepper.
- Crack the eggs over the spinach and drizzle the cream over all.
- Sprinkle evenly with the cheese and slide under the grill for 10 to 12 minutes or until the cheese is golden and the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Serve with ciabatta soldiers for dipping.