Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Frozen hash browns are great to have on hand and pair well with the feta cheese and spinach. For a new twist next time, try a combonation of broccoli and sharp cheddar or swiss cheese. The recipe comes from cooking light.
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (16 ounce) carton egg substitute
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed,drained,and squeezed dry
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 cups thinly sliced vidalia onions or 2 cups other sweet onion
- 2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 (7 ounce) bottle roasted red peppers, drained and sliced
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese (3-ounces)
- Combine the first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Melt butter in a 10-inch cast-iron or nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion; saute 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes; cook 9 minutes or until lightly browned; stirring occasionally.
- Pour egg mixture over onion mixture.
- Arrange bell pepper slices on top of frittata.
- Cook 7 minutes or until set.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Wrap handle with foil.
- Preheat broiler.
- Broil 5 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.
- Cut into 4 wedges, Serve.
Very good. Even my meat lover husband liked it. Next time I think I will fix it in the oven, as it kind of stuck to the bottom of the pan. Thanks for sharing a great recipe.
Very nice change for breakfast - I love anything with either spinach or potatoes so the combo is extra nice. Used cheddar because that's what I had - am thinking the feta may have given a little more flavor. It did take 10-12 minutes for the eggs to set, rather than 7, but definitely enjoyed a lovely breakfast with this recipe.
We made this lovely frittata for Sunday breaky, it was perfect. I had to use regular eggs, just whipped them and measured off 16 ounces, it worked fine, also used fresh spinach simply becauce i had it. Everything else we did as instructed. love the roasted red peppers and the feta cheese, great combination. The overall taste was really wonderfull, thanks for sharing a great one!!