Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Frozen hash browns are great to have on hand and pair well with the feta cheese and spinach. For a new twist next time, try a combonation of broccoli and sharp cheddar or swiss cheese. The recipe comes from cooking light.
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (16 ounce) carton egg substitute
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed,drained,and squeezed dry
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 cups thinly sliced vidalia onions or 2 cups other sweet onion
- 2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 (7 ounce) bottle roasted red peppers, drained and sliced
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese (3-ounces)
- Combine the first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Melt butter in a 10-inch cast-iron or nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion; saute 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes; cook 9 minutes or until lightly browned; stirring occasionally.
- Pour egg mixture over onion mixture.
- Arrange bell pepper slices on top of frittata.
- Cook 7 minutes or until set.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Wrap handle with foil.
- Preheat broiler.
- Broil 5 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.
- Cut into 4 wedges, Serve.
Very good. Even my meat lover husband liked it. Next time I think I will fix it in the oven, as it kind of stuck to the bottom of the pan. Thanks for sharing a great recipe.
Very nice change for breakfast - I love anything with either spinach or potatoes so the combo is extra nice. Used cheddar because that's what I had - am thinking the feta may have given a little more flavor. It did take 10-12 minutes for the eggs to set, rather than 7, but definitely enjoyed a lovely breakfast with this recipe.
We made this lovely frittata for Sunday breaky, it was perfect. I had to use regular eggs, just whipped them and measured off 16 ounces, it worked fine, also used fresh spinach simply becauce i had it. Everything else we did as instructed. love the roasted red peppers and the feta cheese, great combination. The overall taste was really wonderfull, thanks for sharing a great one!!