Recipe by Tara!
This is a really really simple frittata recipe from Good Housekeeping that takes minimal prep time and is a super fast healthy main dish. I'm posting it here so I don't lose it, but I'm sure that everyone else will enjoy it as well!
Top Review by sarahswords
I made a few modifications - had 6 egg whites that I needed to use up - but mostly followed the recipe exactly and it was excellent - would be good for guests because it was very pretty
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 4 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3⁄4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (3 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes or 1 cup grape tomatoes or 1 cup seeded tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler. In large bowl, with fork, mix spinach, eggs, egg whites, green onions, feta, 1/2 cup mozzarella, and 1/4 teaspoon salt until well blended.
- In broiler-safe nonstick 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat . Pour egg mixture into skillet; arrange tomatoes on top, pushing some down. Cover skillet and cook frittata 5 to 6 minutes or until egg mixture is just set around edge.
- Place skillet in broiler 5 to 6 inches from source of heat and broil frittata 4 to 5 minutes or until just set in center. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella; broil about 1 minute longer or until cheese melts.
- To serve, loosen frittata from skillet. Leave frittata in skillet or slide onto warm platter; cut into wedges.