Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are little cookies with lots of taste without added calories.
- 2 ounces butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 ounce crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 4 ounces semisweet baking chocolate
- Melt butter in a saucepan, then add sugar and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to a boil and let it boil for 1 minute without stirring (until just turning light golden).
- Remove from heat and mix well with cream and fruit-nut mixture.
- Spoon heaped teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet (if you have a Silpat, use it!), leaving plenty of space for spreading- try only doing four at a time until you see how large they spread.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute before carefully removing with spatula.
- Melt chocolate in double boiler or microwave and spread thinly on flat side of cookies.