Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
Food & Wine. Wine: There's nothing like a great steak to showcase a special, and if possible older, Barolo or Barbaresco. Made from the nebbiolo grape, these wines develop fabulously complex dried cherry, eucalyptus, floral, and truffle flavors along with a silky texture. Both have power to spare, but Barbaresco is more elegant.
- 2 (2 lb) beef t-bone steaks, 1 1/2 inches thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- lemon wedge, for serving
- Light the grill. Rub the steaks with the oil and sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Grill the steaks over high heat for 6 minutes.
- Turn and cook until done to your taste, about 6 minutes longer for rare. Serve with lemon wedges.