Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Simple ingredients but an impressive taste. Great on your buffet or served at a cocktail party. They can be prepared up to 1 week ahead, so your party planning couldn't be easier.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 eggs, beaten to blend
- 2 cups herbed croutons
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease baking sheets. Cook spinach according to package directions; drain well. Transfer to large bowl. Add Parmesan and onion. Blend in eggs. Stir in croutons and butter. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls. (Can be prepared 1 week ahead, covered and frozen. Do not thaw before baking. Just increase baking time to 20-25 minutes.) Arrange on prepared baking sheets, spacing 1/2" apart. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
What nice tasty little bites these Florentine Appetizers are. DH said with happy surprise you put cheese in here. Made as a test run for the upcoming holiday and will now be making some more and freezing them as is suggest as a holiday time saver. Made using egg beaters in place of eggs and using cornbread croutons because that is what I had and the flavor combo was very nice. Thanks for the post.