Recipe by JackieOhNo!
Simple ingredients but an impressive taste. Great on your buffet or served at a cocktail party. They can be prepared up to 1 week ahead, so your party planning couldn't be easier.
Top Review by Debbwl
What nice tasty little bites these Florentine Appetizers are. DH said with happy surprise you put cheese in here. Made as a test run for the upcoming holiday and will now be making some more and freezing them as is suggest as a holiday time saver. Made using egg beaters in place of eggs and using cornbread croutons because that is what I had and the flavor combo was very nice. Thanks for the post.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 eggs, beaten to blend
- 2 cups herbed croutons
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease baking sheets. Cook spinach according to package directions; drain well. Transfer to large bowl. Add Parmesan and onion. Blend in eggs. Stir in croutons and butter. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls. (Can be prepared 1 week ahead, covered and frozen. Do not thaw before baking. Just increase baking time to 20-25 minutes.) Arrange on prepared baking sheets, spacing 1/2" apart. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.