Prep 2 hrs 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This looks like a long recipe, but it's very easy to make and absolutely Incredible in flavour. I usually have everything but the pork and rosemary on hand. My MIL always made this for X-mas and I finally asked for the recipe. She said she got it from a magazine, but I'm not sure which one. I don't normally have Port on hand so I always have used H2O.
- 1⁄4 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, plus
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed black peppercorns
- 2 3⁄4 lbs pork tenderloin, trimmed of fat
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot (1 sm.)
- 3 tablespoons port wine (or same amt. of H20)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- fresh rosemary sprig (to garnish) (optional)
- In small bowl, whisk together juice concentrate, 2 Tbsp mustard, 1 Tbsp oil, rosemary and garlic.
- Reserve 3 Tbsp of this mix for basting.
- Place pork in a shallow glass baking dish and pour marinade over, turning to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate at least two hours.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In small bowl or jar combine shallots, port, vinegar, salt, pepper, remaining oil and mustard.
- Whisk or shake until blended.
- Bake Pork for 30 minutes, basting browned side with set aside marinade.
- Transfer pork to cutting board and allow to rest for 5 minute before slicing into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Pour any cutting board juices into vinegarette and drizzle over arranged pork slices.
- Note: The cooking time does not include marinating time.
This was DELICIOUS. Since I was very busy yesterday, I put this in the crockpot. I put the roast in,dumped ALL of the ingredients on top, and left it cooking for 8 hours. We came home to a wonderful, TENDER roast.Thanks for sharing. Made for Spring PAC,2011.