Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is such a simple recipe and very economical for a crowd. My Mom made this and served it with roasted potatoes and broccoli. This is great for a picnic. Please note that I did not include the Koshering time.
- 2 quarts water
- 1⁄2 cup kosher salt
- 4 chicken breasts, bone in and skin on (thighs work too)
- 1 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- Cover the chicken with cold water and salt and marinate for 4 to 6 hours in the refrigerator. Remove and pat dry.
- Rub dressing over chicken and grill skin side down over medium coals or on a gas grill until chicken tests done, basting with salad dressing.
- Skin should be golden brown and crispy.
- Serve hot or cold.
- Leftovers make a good Cesar style salad!
This was really easy to make. I did not have any flare-ups and basted it quite a lot. Make sure you use fat free dressing or you may get flareups.
Very good chicken recipe. I did have a bit of trouble with immediately basting with the dressing as it caused flair ups on the grill - so for the 2nd batch, I just cooked the chicken and then basted the last 10 minutes or so to cut down on the flair ups. The koshering really does allow for a crispy coating and moist and tender chicken. Tagged in Zaar Chef Alphabet Tag April 2008