Recipe by Secret Agent
This is such a simple recipe and very economical for a crowd. My Mom made this and served it with roasted potatoes and broccoli. This is great for a picnic. Please note that I did not include the Koshering time.
- 2 quarts water
- 1⁄2 cup kosher salt
- 4 chicken breasts, bone in and skin on (thighs work too)
- 1 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover the chicken with cold water and salt and marinate for 4 to 6 hours in the refrigerator. Remove and pat dry.
- Rub dressing over chicken and grill skin side down over medium coals or on a gas grill until chicken tests done, basting with salad dressing.
- Skin should be golden brown and crispy.
- Serve hot or cold.
- Leftovers make a good Cesar style salad!