Prep 2 mins
Cook 6 hrs
My Mom made gallons of this crystal clear iced tea sweetened with sugar. I just loved it with lemon wedges but now I leave out the sugar and use Splenda to taste. I also use filtered water. This is the perfect drink for my lemon peel ice cube recipe Linda's Fabulously Easy Ice Cubes. When tea becomes cloudy just add a little boiling water to the pitcher and it should clear right up. DH loves it with Sam's Symple Syrup.
- 1 gallon water, filtered (I use Brita)
- 6 tea bags, Tetley round ones (use 8 for stronger tea)
- 2 lemons, wedged
- sugar or Splenda sugar substitute or sam's symple syrup
- Early in the morning,put the tea bags in a large glass or plastic pitcher and pour the water over them. (IMPORTANT: DO NOT BOIL THE WATER!Boiling will cloud the tea). Cover the opening of the pitcher with plastic wrap and set the tea out in the sun. Tea will be ready for lunch if it is a hot day or dinner if it's a cool day.
- Sweeten with sugar or Splenda to taste, add a lemon wedge and enjoy.
- You can also make Moon Tea with this. Just follow the directions and set the pitcher on your counter overnight. It takes longer but still crystal clear and tasty.
My first Sun and Moon tea - will not be my last. I rarely drink tea nor iced tea - making for a real taste test.That said allotting five stars and adding the recipe to my summer drink collection says it all! Made half batches of each using water from our filtered water system and both were delightfully refreshing. The lemons just right for my taste. Used sugar for sweetener, but will use a sub when making my own container 'just for me' - with the moon tea I added an extra tea bag. Thank you for sharing - find one rarely can go wrong with a mom recipe!