Recipe by Secret Agent
My mother grew up during the depression and while food was abundant in their family My Grandfather had a lot of mouths to feed. Nobody wasted anything. My Grandmother described her ingredients as "dear" even though they had a grocery store with access to more than most people in the neighborhood did. My Mom remembered this recipe and made it for us when she had some of her spaghetti sauce (gravy, as we called it)leftover -"Oh, it's not enough for a plate of spaghetti but your Dad will love this", and he did. You can either scramble the eggs or leave them whole - do them in a skillet or do it in the oven. Anyway you do it will be yummy.
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the sauce in a skillet.
- Scramble the eggs and add to the pan.
- Cook gently until eggs are set.
- Crack whole eggs into sauce and bake at 350 until set, 6 minutes or more.
- Crack whole eggs into the sauce and put a lid on it to steam/poach the eggs.
- Pass the cheese, salt and pepper and bread for mopping up the gravy or eat them au natural.