1/7 Photos of Floral Garnish Without the Flowers (Dedicated to Bergy)
This is from a book I have titled *Garnishing and Decoration* by Rudolph Biller who believes that the food we share should taste good, but also be eye-catching. I shared the photo of this garnish w/Bergy in her May Photo Challenge. Encouraged by her to enter it as a formal recipe, I decided to do so since it is such an easy & inexpensive quick fix that chgs an ordinary platter into something spectacular. Since 1 pic is always worth a thousand words, I posted the pic I shared w/her. *Edited To Add* -- I have now posted a 2nd pic to show just 1 example of potential use for the garnish. :-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Do not peel the cucumber. Start by cutting off 1 tapered end of the cucumber & discard it. Cut 3 segments (3/4 in wide) from the cucumber & halve each thru the center. You now have 6 segments.
- 2Place 4 of the segments (center cut side down & rind side up) on your cutting board & cut ea diagonally so you have 8 segments that will form the petals of the flower.
- 3Use 1 of the last 2 segments to thinly slice the half-moon pieces that will form the stem of the flower & trim them as shown in the pic.
- 4Using a vegetable peeler, peel 1 or 2 strips of cucumber rind & cut into several leaf shapes as shown in the pic.
- 5Using a 1-inch diameter cookie cutter (rd or scallop-edged), cut cheese slices for the pieces that will be the center of your flower. Assemble the garnish on your platter as shown in the pic or as desired. All done!
Browse Our Top Garnishes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Garnishes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Floral Garnish Without the Flowers (Dedicated to Bergy)
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.3
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 27.2 mg
- Sodium 413.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 9.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: