Cook1 hr 20 mins
Went looking for interesting strawberry recipes for the Strawberry recipe swap and opened a new magazine and these popped out at me! The pic looks de-liteful and that is what they are, lite and better for you!
- Divide strawberries (or cantaloupe) between 6 tall dessert glasses.
- Stir boiling water into dry jello in medium bowl at least 2 minutes til completely dissolved.
- Add cold water and ice cubes, strring until ice is completely melted.
- Remove 3/4 cup jello and pour evenly over berries.
- Refrigerate 20 minutes or until jello is set but not firm.
- Add 1 cup cool whip to remaining jello.
- Stir with gently wire whisk til well blended.
- Spoon evenly over jello.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Top each parfait with 1 TBS cool whip just before serving.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Having never made or tried a Jello dessert, it was fun coming across this one. Turned out the perfect simple ending to a weekend of heavy and complicated food. The 1:1 ratio of Cool Whip and Jello resulted in a softer foam than I expected but thoroughly enjoyed. I made mine with strawberry Jello, blueberries and diced fresh pears. The playful kid in me gives this five stars.