Recipe by Andrea
This muffin recipe is one I got and made in my cooking class. Thanks Mrs. Murray!
Top Review by Outta Here
A very tasty, moist muffin, with a crunchy exterior. Buttery. Great as written and I think with some dried cranberries or dried cherries, would be great also! Love the "tang" from the buttermilk.
- 1 cup dry oatmeal
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F and prepare muffin tins.
- Place the oatmeal in a bowl and pour the buttermilk over the oatmeal. Let stand while sifting the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda together into another bowl.
- Beat eggs into the oatmeal mixture, then beat in brown sugar.
- Stir in the sifted dry ingredients, and then melted butter.
- Pour batter into greased muffin tins and bake about 18 minutes.