1/2 Photos of Flint Ridge Pheasant
1 hr 10 mins
Charlotte J's Note:
Chicken breast works nicely for this casserole also.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups cooked wild rice (2/3 cups dry)
- 1 cup carrot, julienned 1 inch strips cooked
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 -2 tablespoon oil or 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- 2 skinless boneless pheasant breast halves, cut in 2 x 2 inch pieces
- salt and pepper
- 5 medium mushrooms, sliced
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup cream or 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sherry wine or 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained,quartered
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Put the wild rice in 9x9x2-inch baking dish that has been sprayed with nonstick vegetable spray.
- 2Layer the carrots over the wild rice.
- 3In large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; drain and crumble over the carrots.
- 4Pour off grease from skillet and add a tablespoon or two of oil.
- 5Saute the pheasant until well browned on both sides (about 10 minutes).
- 6Transfer to baking dish.
- 7In same skillet, saute the mushrooms and green onions until tender, adding additional oil if needed.
- 8Add soup, cream and sherry, and mix well.
- 9Add mozzarella and gently stir in artichokes.
- 10Spread over the pheasant layer.
- 11Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- 12Cover dish with foil sprayed with nonstick vegetable spray.
- 13Bake at 350° for 30 minutes; remove foil and bake 15 more minutes until bubbly throughout.
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flint Ridge Pheasant
Serving Size: 1 (497 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 794.5
- Calories from Fat 263
- Total Fat 29.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 109.8 mg
- Sodium 1016.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.1 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 50.0 g