Chicken breast works nicely for this casserole also.
Make and share this Flint Ridge Pheasant recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups cooked wild rice (2/3 cups dry)
- 1 cup carrot, julienned 1 inch strips cooked
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 -2 tablespoon oil or 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- 2 skinless boneless pheasant breast halves, cut in 2 x 2 inch pieces
- salt and pepper
- 5 medium mushrooms, sliced
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 cup cream or 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine or 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained,quartered
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Put the wild rice in 9x9x2-inch baking dish that has been sprayed with nonstick vegetable spray.
- Layer the carrots over the wild rice.
- In large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; drain and crumble over the carrots.
- Pour off grease from skillet and add a tablespoon or two of oil.
- Saute the pheasant until well browned on both sides (about 10 minutes).
- Transfer to baking dish.
- In same skillet, saute the mushrooms and green onions until tender, adding additional oil if needed.
- Add soup, cream and sherry, and mix well.
- Add mozzarella and gently stir in artichokes.
- Spread over the pheasant layer.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Cover dish with foil sprayed with nonstick vegetable spray.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes; remove foil and bake 15 more minutes until bubbly throughout.