Recipe by Hey Jude
Healthier chicken wings that are baked, not fried, but still delicious. Prep time doesn't include marinading time because you can marinate 10 minutes to 24 hours.
- 1 cup light soy sauce
- 1 cup rice wine
- 1 cup water
- 10 green onions, trimmed and sliced into 2 inch pieces and then smashed lightly
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed lightly
- 2 -3 inches ginger, peeled,cut into chunks and smashed a bit
- 3 lbs chicken wings, rinsed and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients, except chicken wings, together in a saucepan and heat to boiling; reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, then let cool slightly.
- Cut the wings by slicing the drumettes from the rest of the wing (I leave the tip on, some people like those) and place the pieces in a bowl and pour the warm marinade over them; marinate for several hours or, preferably, overnight, in the fridge.
- Preheat your oven to 500°; line a jelly-roll pan (cookie sheet with sides) with foil (I use that new, nonstick foil, it's great), spray with non-stick spray, and arrange the wings in a single layer, use an extra sheet if necessary.
- Brush wings liberally with marinade then roast for about 40 minutes, turning once, until the wings are cooked and crispy brown at the edges.
- You can serve these hot, cold or room temperature and they're delicious, or serve as part of a main meal with rice and a vegetable.