- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can vegetable broth
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 3 -5 drops chili sauce, to taste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (the original called for Thai fish sauce)
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves or 1 cup sugar snap peas or 1 cup snow peas or 1 cup water chestnuts or 1 cup black mushrooms
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute shallot, garlic and ginger in a small amount of vegetable oil.
- Add coconut milk and vegetable broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Turn down to simmer.
- Add cilantro, lemon juice, chili sauce, soy sauce (or alternative) and vegetables.
- Simmer until spinach is wilted and veggies are tender but not limp, approximately 5 minutes.
- Serve with rice.