This drop cookie recipe has a base mix that is made so the measures of the secondary/flavour ingredients are easily added in or substituted without having to change the base recipe's chemistry. I have made tons of variants, and brought these to my office; they never tasted the same. I've done these with Chocolate Chips, almonds, walnuts, dried cranberries, coffee, dark chocolate and caramel bits.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven at 375°C.
- 2In one bowl, mix the Butter, White & Brown Sugar, egg and Vanilla into a uniform substance.
- 3In a seperate bowl, sift and mix the flour, baking soda and salt together.
- 4Whilst stirring, Incorporate/sift the Flour Mix gradually so that it doesn't become too hard or clumpy. The dough should be soft when properly mixed.
- 5Add the flavouring mix (chocolate chips, nuts, any ingredients you want) gradually and ensure the dough is still uniform and consistent.
- 6Place badges the size of a teaspoon on a greased/nonstick sheet.
- 7Bake 10-12 minutes until lightly brown, then remove from oven and let the cookies cooldown! You can flatten them with a fork as they come out too.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flexible-Flavour Classic Drop Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (454 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 108.7
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 23.8 mg
- Sodium 101.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 1.1 g