Recipe by Apocryphea
This drop cookie recipe has a base mix that is made so the measures of the secondary/flavour ingredients are easily added in or substituted without having to change the base recipe's chemistry. I have made tons of variants, and brought these to my office; they never tasted the same. I've done these with Chocolate Chips, almonds, walnuts, dried cranberries, coffee, dark chocolate and caramel bits.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven at 375°C.
- In one bowl, mix the Butter, White & Brown Sugar, egg and Vanilla into a uniform substance.
- In a seperate bowl, sift and mix the flour, baking soda and salt together.
- Whilst stirring, Incorporate/sift the Flour Mix gradually so that it doesn't become too hard or clumpy. The dough should be soft when properly mixed.
- Add the flavouring mix (chocolate chips, nuts, any ingredients you want) gradually and ensure the dough is still uniform and consistent.
- Place badges the size of a teaspoon on a greased/nonstick sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until lightly brown, then remove from oven and let the cookies cooldown! You can flatten them with a fork as they come out too.