Ya Ya Sister's Note:
I have been using this divine super quick and easy, fail safe basic chocolate truffle recipe, that freezes beautifully, for years now. Works brilliantly with a myriad of added flavours - you can chop and change to suit your personal tastes.Plus they make a great gift too :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 125 g original cream cheese (do not use lite versions)
- 375 g Nestle chocolate, melts or 375 g chocolate, of your choice
flavours can include
- chopped nuts or xmas fruit mincemeat or rum soaked raisins or chopped peppermint chocolate biscuits or shredded coconut or glace cherries
you can roll them in
- 1Beat the cream cheese until soft.
- 2Gently melt the chocolate either over a pan of water or in the microwave.
- 3and add to the cream cheese, beating all the time.
- 4Add flavour/s of your choice and refrigerate for about an hour ( more or less depending on your added flavours ie added alcohol will take a bit more refrigeration.
- 5Roll into balls and the heat from your hands will make them sticky enough to hold onto woteva you are rolling them inches.
- 6Can be refrigerated for 1 - 2 weeks.
- 7These do freeze excellently, just place in a single layer in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flexible Chocolate Truffles
Serving Size: 1 (8 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 17.4
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 5.5 mg
- Sodium 14.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: