Recipe by Ya Ya Sister
I have been using this divine super quick and easy, fail safe basic chocolate truffle recipe, that freezes beautifully, for years now. Works brilliantly with a myriad of added flavours - you can chop and change to suit your personal tastes.Plus they make a great gift too :)
- 125 g original cream cheese (do not use lite versions)
- 375 g Nestle chocolate, melts or 375 g chocolate, of your choice
flavours can include
- chopped nuts or xmas fruit mincemeat or rum soaked raisins or chopped peppermint chocolate biscuits or shredded coconut or glace cherries
you can roll them in
- shredded coconut, again the list is endless or chocolate, hail again the list is endless or chopped nuts or cocoa or melted chocolate, again the list is endless
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the cream cheese until soft.
- Gently melt the chocolate either over a pan of water or in the microwave.
- and add to the cream cheese, beating all the time.
- Add flavour/s of your choice and refrigerate for about an hour ( more or less depending on your added flavours ie added alcohol will take a bit more refrigeration.
- Roll into balls and the heat from your hands will make them sticky enough to hold onto woteva you are rolling them inches.
- Can be refrigerated for 1 - 2 weeks.
- These do freeze excellently, just place in a single layer in an airtight container.