Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have been using this divine super quick and easy, fail safe basic chocolate truffle recipe, that freezes beautifully, for years now. Works brilliantly with a myriad of added flavours - you can chop and change to suit your personal tastes.Plus they make a great gift too :)
- 125 g original cream cheese (do not use lite versions)
- 375 g Nestle chocolate, melts or 375 g chocolate, of your choice
flavours can include
- chopped nuts or xmas fruit mincemeat or rum soaked raisins or chopped peppermint chocolate biscuits or shredded coconut or glace cherries
you can roll them in
- shredded coconut, again the list is endless or chocolate, hail again the list is endless or chopped nuts or cocoa or melted chocolate, again the list is endless
- Beat the cream cheese until soft.
- Gently melt the chocolate either over a pan of water or in the microwave.
- and add to the cream cheese, beating all the time.
- Add flavour/s of your choice and refrigerate for about an hour ( more or less depending on your added flavours ie added alcohol will take a bit more refrigeration.
- Roll into balls and the heat from your hands will make them sticky enough to hold onto woteva you are rolling them inches.
- Can be refrigerated for 1 - 2 weeks.
- These do freeze excellently, just place in a single layer in an airtight container.