- 4 thick pork chops (about 2 inches thick)
- 1 3⁄4 ounces butter
- 4 large tart apples
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 crushed juniper berries
- salt and pepper
- rosemary sprig
- 5 sprigs parsley
- 1 ounce butter (to pour over)
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim excess fat from the chops, season with salt and pepper and brown very gently on both sides in 50 g- 1,75 oz.
- butter for 10-15 minutes.
- Put the browned, half-cooked chops in a shallow casserole, sprinkle them with the lemon juice, add the parsley, juniper berries, and rosemary, and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the peeled and sliced apples over the chops and pour the melted butter over them.
- Cover and cook in a medium to hot oven for 30-35 minutes or until the chops are cooked.
- Serve directly from the casserole.