Flemish Fishermen's Salad
- Soak the beans overnight.
- The next day, put the beans in boiling salted water with the onion (cut in two) and the savory.
- When they are all cooked but still firm, drain them and remove the onion and savory.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water, peel and dice them.
- Dice the beets.
- Cut the kipper fillets into 1-inch strips and mix them in a salad bowl with the potatoes, beans and beets.
- Chop the shallot, parsley and gherkins and mix them into the mayonnaise and mustard.
- Spoon the sauce over the salad and mix carefully.