Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a replica of one of the best side-dishes I've ever had - Fleming's Creamed Corn from Fleming's Steakhouse.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion ((chopped)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen corn, thawed, rinsed, and well drained
- 2 tablespoons anaheim chilies, diced (or Jalapeno)
- salt, season to taste
- cayenne pepper, season to taste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 lb gruyere cheese, shaved pieces for top
- In a large skillet or saucepan, heat butter until melted. Add onions and saute over high heat until soft, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in flour and cook, stirring for 1 minute, then gradually whisk in half-and-half. Heat to boiling over medium high heat, whisking often, until thickened.
- Stir in well-drained (and thawed) corn and chiles and bring back to boiling. Stir in seasoned salt, cayenne pepper, sugar and 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Transfer to a shallow 1 1/2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese and top with Gruyere cheese pieces.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven 10 to 15 minutes, to melt cheese and until top is golden (can put under broiler broiler a minute or so to get golden). Garnish with jalapeno chile slices.
- NOTE: Corn mixture can also be spooned into 4 to 6 individual ramekins, each topped with some of cheeses and baked 5 to 10 minutes.