Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
One of my grandma's german recipes. She pronounced this "Flysh-nood-luh".
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup toasted breadcrumbs
- pastry dough, per dough recipe
- Make dough per recipe- with baking powder.
- Mix beef, salt, pepper, onion and water in a bowl.
- Set aside.
- Roll dough out with rolling pin.
- Cut dough into rectangles, about 2" x 3".
- Into each dough rectangle, place a ball of meat mixture.
- Fold dough over and seal around edges to form"pocket".
- In a large pot, bring 8 cups water to a boil, and add 2 more tsp salt.
- Put fleish noodles into boiling water and boil approximately 20 minutes.
- Strain and serve with toasted bread crumbs on top.