Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love looking at old magazines and tearing out recipes. I found this one a couple of years ago. We love to make it for late breakfast on weekends....brunches. The kids love it too so that makes it even better. It is both easy and yummy!
Taco Meat Filling
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
Bake and Rise Batter
- cooking spray
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 2 (1 ounce) envelopesfleischmann's fast rising yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup very warm milk (120 - 130 F)
- 3 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces chunky salsa
- 8 ounces shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 cup corn chips, partially crushed
- Brown meat and drain.
- Add taco seasoning and mix well.
- Mix batter ingredients together in a pre.sprayed 9 1/2 inch deep dish pie plate.
- Top batter with meat and taco seasoning mixture.
- Pour salsa evenly over meat.
- Sprinkle with cheese and crushed corn chips.
- Bake by placing in a COLD oven.
- Set temperature to 350 and bake 30 minutes or until done.