Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
So, you're having a Christmas Eve party. Want to include the pooches? Whip up these festive muffins. just try keeping the two-legged beasts out of them. Double dog dare you. Courtest of Housepetmagazine.com
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 1⁄4 cups warm water
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup craisins
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Line regular or mini-muffin cups with paper liners.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the honey, water,applesauce, vanilla, and eggs and mix until foamy.
- Add the flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and pepper; mix until smooth.
- Fold in the pecans and craisins (dried cranberries).
- Place a heaping tablespoon of the batter in each regular muffin tin, OR a heaping teaspoon in each mini-muffin tin.
- Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes for regular and 10 minutes for minis.
- Cool on a rack and store in an airtight tin.