Recipe by V'nut-Beyond Redemption
I used the method to reduce the flea population in my den after it exploded. Didn't want to use that much Frontline or the bug bombs. I DID use Frontline but just 3 or 4 squirts. Less chemicals in my house, the better.
Top Review by Una Rose
I used this treatment years ago, it was recommended that you have a light shining down on the water to attract the fleas during the night ( used a desk lamp).My DH questioned how the fleas would know to go to that room, so I made a big sign saying " Fleas -- this way". Don't know if it was the sign or the light but we sure caught alot of them.
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 -2 teaspoon dish laundry detergent
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a big plate into the area of infestation (I used a big plastic dinner plate 1 cm deep) Mix warm water and detergent and pour into plate.
- Place plate in a safe place away from children or pets.
- The fleas will be attracted by the warm water, jump into the mixture and drown as there is no surface tension (the detergent took care of that)
- No one and no pets were allowed in my den when I was using this method.
- Changed it 2-3 times a day until infestation has been reduced.