Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 50 mins
Courtesy of: http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/recipe_dogbiscuit.htm#Flea%20Hater's%20Dog%20Biscuits
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄4 cup brewer's yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 garlic cloves, chopped medium (optional) or 1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons chicken stock, for basting
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Mix flour, wheat germ, brewer’s yeast, and salt together in a medium bowl.
- In a mixing bowl, combine oil and garlic. Alternately add 1/2 cup chicken stock and flour mixture in 3 parts; mix until well combined. Knead about 2 minutes by hand on floured surface; dough will be sticky.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough out.
- about 3/8 inch thick. Cut out bone shapes; place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes, rotate baking sheet, and baste with remaining 3 tablespoons chicken stock.
- Bake 10 minutes longer.
- Turn off oven, leaving oven door closed. Leave pan in oven for 1 1/2 hours longer.
dogs should never be given garlic in any form. Powdered or otherwise.