Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
This comes from a book by William David, MD, "Wheat Belly". Dr. Martin believes that wheat is bad for far more people than we think. Further, some of the common substitutes for gluten-flours, such as potato starch or tapioca starch, are equally bad. I have to wait for the book to come off the new book display, but in the meantime I copied this recipe, which sounds good, The wraps can be stored for several days in the fridge, wrapped in plastic.
- 3 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch fine sea salt or 1 pinch celery salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 egg
- coconut oil, for greasing pan
- Mix the dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Stir in the coconut oil.
- Beat in the egg and water.
- Grease a microwave safe glass or plastic pie plate with coconut oil. Pour in the batter and spread it evenly.
- Microwave on high for 2 to 3 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes,.
- Remove carefully with a spatula.
- Turn over and fill as desired.
Super-easy, cheap and delicious!
this is so good!! I made a wrap with cliantro, avacado, tomato, and chicken.
These are very easy to make. I cut it in half and had a tuna sandwich and it was fantastic.