This was adapted from a Hodgson Mill recipe for the breadmaker. I adapted it to traditional baking method and subbed some whole grain flour to make it healthier. The result was a sweet, fragrant, chewy and healthy bread that is fabulous with honey butter spread on top! I recommend Karen From Colorado's Honey Butter. Enjoy!
- Add dry ingredients to stand mixer.
- Add liquid ingredients.
- Mix at second speed 7 minutes.
- Let rise covered until doubled (about 90 minutes).
- Form log, let rise in bread pan to 1 1/4 inches high in center.
- Bake at 350 degrees to internal temp of 190 degrees.
A nice tall loaf, with a tender inside crumb ~ I tossed in 2 tablespoons (each) toasted poppy seeds, sesame seeds, and sunflower seeds, in addition to the flaxseed ~ and I used olive oil instead of butter. Made for Spring PAC 2011 ~