Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my boyfriend's own creation. He went out of his way to make breakfast this morning and suprised me with these lovely, fluffy and wholesome pancakes! I must say they're amazingly delish for being so healthy! Mmmm!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and beat until relatively smooth (some lumps are okay).
- Slowly pour mixture onto pre-heated griddle (medium-low heat) adjusting for size preference.
- Cook until the top is rich with bubbles and the sides are firm, then flip.
- Serve with butter, syrup, or fresh fruit and whipped cream. We enjoy all three!
I can't believe I forrgot to rate these when I first made them a couple months ago! This is now our favorite pancake recipe. I used all whole wheat flour, and also had to add a little more liquid as they were a bit thick (I've used both milk and water, with great results). Thanks for such a delicious and HEALTHY breakfast! (They're nice and filling too!)
These are some majorly fluffy, thick yummy pancakes!! I did find that the batter was too thick, so added about 1/4 cup more milk, which solved the problem easily! I love the flavor of these pancakes. The thickness is also soo good. I got 20 small pancakes out of this recipe. My favorite way of serving these was smothered in fat-free vanilla yogurt and raspberry jam! Mmmm, yum! I will definitely be making these deliciously healthy pancakes again!!!