Recipe by Cynna
This is my boyfriend's own creation. He went out of his way to make breakfast this morning and suprised me with these lovely, fluffy and wholesome pancakes! I must say they're amazingly delish for being so healthy! Mmmm!
Top Review by Al Al
I can't believe I forrgot to rate these when I first made them a couple months ago! This is now our favorite pancake recipe. I used all whole wheat flour, and also had to add a little more liquid as they were a bit thick (I've used both milk and water, with great results). Thanks for such a delicious and HEALTHY breakfast! (They're nice and filling too!)
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and beat until relatively smooth (some lumps are okay).
- Slowly pour mixture onto pre-heated griddle (medium-low heat) adjusting for size preference.
- Cook until the top is rich with bubbles and the sides are firm, then flip.
- Serve with butter, syrup, or fresh fruit and whipped cream. We enjoy all three!